I call this cake the “Safe Cake” because you can pretty much take it anywhere and know that it can be eaten. There is no cane sugar, it’s vegan, it’s gluten free, and it doesn’t even take up an hour of your time to make. You can even make it nut free by subbing more coconut flour, or garbanzo bean flour for the almond flour. If you do use only coconut flour know you will have to add a little extra water because coconut flour tends to be very dry and absorbent.
Makes: 4-6 servings
Takes: 50 minutes
- Spring form cake pan
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 small banana
- 5 oz dark chocolate semi sweet chips
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan sea salt
- Start by mashing up the banana and warm coconut oil together
- Add cake ingredients and mix well. If dry, add a tbsp of water at a time.
- Press cake batter evenly into the cake pan and bake on 350F for 35 minutes or until you can pierce it with a fork and it come out clean.
Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- 10oz dark chocolate semi sweet chips
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Melt ganache chocolate chips with coconut oil over the stove at a low heat.
- Take off heat then add the syrup and spread over your cake.